Cutting cost of operation is a great concern for all owners and fleet managers. ISUZU helps the owners and the fleet managers to find basic ideas for better operation. There are four (4) major points which make your trucks improve the fuel-efficiency.
- Use a fuel-efficient truck
- Use trucks with less fuel consumption
- Cut fuel consumption by Six ECO driving tips
- Periodical maintenance
Let’s take a look at the further details.
1. Use a fuel-efficient truck
Using the fuel-efficient truck is key to success in cutting the fuel consumption. ISUZU recommends everyone to choose the fuel-efficient truck from the below viewpoints.
- Well-designed and the best-balanced truck
- Right GVW/GCW range of truck
- Aerodynamic truck body to minimize a drag resistance
For further details, please see the page “What is the fuel-efficient truck?“
2. Use trucks with less fuel consumption
The fuel consumption can be improved by reviewing your operation. ISUZU recommends the usage below:
- Use trucks with a designed loading weight
- Use trucks loaded with goods for both round trips
- Operate trucks with less waiting time for loading or unloading cargos
For further details, please see the page HOW TO USE TRUCKS WITH LESS FUEL CONSUMPTION
3. Cut fuel consumption by Six ECO driving tips
ISUZU has always recommended all drivers to drive trucks with the secret Six ECO driving tips to cut fuel consumption which are:
- Upshift at low engine RPM
- Maximize high-speed gear use
- Drive at constant speed
- Use engine brake effectively
- Minimize idling
- Reduce speed
4. Periodical maintenance
ISUZU strongly recommends all owners, fleet managers and drivers to carry out a periodical maintenance so that trucks are always kept in the best condition which is a base of maintaining the fuel-efficiency of the trucks as like new trucks.
- Use tires at the designed and proper air pressure (not an over-inflated / not an under-inflated)
- Clean or change an air cleaner according to a maintenance interval
- Change engine oil and oil filter in accordance with a maintenance interval
- Remove accessories installed outside of cabin and rear-body for an aerodynamic to minimize drag resistance
For further details, please see the page for Periodical Maintenance
Please contact your local ISUZU dealer for further detail.